Emma's Intro

Hey everybody!

My name is Emma Lautanen and I'll be serving as one of your vice chairs for the African Union. Unfortunately, I'll be studying abroad in the spring so I won't be there during the actual conference, but I'm introducing myself anyway because I like to feel included. I'm in my third year, currently majoring in Political Science. I'm originally from Manhattan Beach, California but I secretly (not-so-secretly) like Northern California much better. Some of my hobbies include hiking, backpacking (because they are different), running long distance, traveling, attending concerts that are less than $40, and petting any cute dog I see on the street (no tiny dogs though, those shouldn't count as canines).

I did Model United Nations all throughout high-school and even attended BMUN as a delegate 3 years in a row. Being on the other side of things makes me enjoy the conference even more. I joined BMUN because the subject of international relations has always been a passion of mine and getting to be in charge of a conference that teaches kids how to knowledgeably debate such complex topics is extremely rewarding. Even though I won't be there to see it in person this year, I know all of you will bring your best to our committee. Good luck!! I'll be sending my love from Switzerland.

:),
Emma

Just for fun, here's a picture of her attempting to do a handstand above some fine-looking fjords in Norway. 

Comments

Popular Posts