Jessica's Intro


Hi delegates! I'm Jessica Swar, a sophomore at UC Berkeley studying math and physics. This year is my second year of experience with Model UN as a vice chair for the African Union. Previously, I was a vice chair for the United Nations Human Rights Committee. I encourage all of you to take this year as an opportunity to appreciate the complex dilemma African countries face with regards to their violent history and hopeful future. In high school, I competed in Public Forum debate locally and nationally which shaped my interest in public speaking and international relations. Currently, I work as a tutor and mentor for underprivileged students at Berkeley High School. On my free time, I enjoy running, traveling, and writing poetry. If you have any questions regarding the African Union, math or physics, or even life as a student please feel free to shoot me an email at jswar@bmun.org. I'm incredibly excited to meet all of you in March!

Comments

Popular Posts